Organization: Sheridan Community Land Trust
- Develops and monitors an annual budget and provides overall management of the fiscal operations in cooperation with the Board Treasurer and the Finance Committee.
- Ensures that systems are in place for effective financial management, fundraising, project management, and stewardship.
- Oversees compliance with all internal policies and procedures, legal requirements, and financial standards.
- Leads efforts to establish accreditation with Land Trust Alliance.
- View the full job description.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a natural resource field, planning, non-profit management, business, organizational or related field and three to five years of progressively responsible experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with Boards, staff, and community members, able to set a clear vision and motivate diverse groups to work collaboratively under changing and uncertain conditions. Ability to create and thrive in a team environment and work in partnership with a variety of personalities and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, develop and manage complex projects from start-up to completion, and adopt new approaches in response to changing circumstances. Ability to learn and translate information into action.
- Knowledge of the policies and tools of voluntary private land conservation and conservation easements generally; administration, budgeting and the management of acquisition projects; previous experience with private land conservation preferred.
Start and end dates: Flexible start date June 1, 2017 through August 1, 2017.
Salary/pay: $50,000 – $70,000 depending on experience, with excellent benefits including a health care stipend, a SIMPLE IRA, travel reimbursement, cellular data reimbursement, national training opportunities, as well as paid-time off for federally-recognized holidays, sick leave, and vacation.
Link to more information: Learn more about the Land Trust.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter describing how you meet the position requirements and preferences, résumé, and three references. E-mail in PDF format to: email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Found – your new E.D.”
Application deadline: May 12, 2017