Laramie or Lander, Wyoming
Organization: Sierra Club, Wyoming Chapter
Type of opportunity: Full time, short duration, about 2.5 months
Contact: Steve Thomas
- Participate in inventory training
- Complete field inventories of motorized routes in identified priority areas, collect detailed information including geo-located photographs, current conditions, and resource impacts, and submit data to project supervisor
- Help organize and participate in field trips to priority areas
- Work with lead volunteers and other chapter staff to help with outreach to members and the public on other events as requested
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ability to work alone in remote settings.
- Ability to work with volunteers as needed.
- Ability to read topographic maps, drive 4-wheel drive vehicle, camp in the desert, be self-sufficient, be self-motivated, be reliable, and have an abundance of common sense.
- Experience using GIS applications on cell phone and notepad.
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills.
Start and end dates: Early June to mid August, 2017
Salary/pay: $16/hour, 1.5 overtime past 37.5 hours/week
Link to more information: View the full position announcement
How to apply: Email a letter of interest explaining how your experience and skills match the position, a resume, and contact information for two references to:
Put “Sierra Club Wyoming Chapter Inventory Specialist Application” in the subject line.