Organization: National Ecological Observation Network (NEON)
- Serves as a member of the Battelle leadership team to advocate, support, and ensure the scientific and educational objectives of the Observatory, through efficient and responsive Operations management and execution of the Observatory Collections plan, are being met.
- Proactively communicates with clients to ensure they are an integral part of the NEON Operations project for clarification of requirements and regular assessment of implementation progress. Builds client relationships to sustain and expand business opportunities. Influences client opinion on future project direction. Influences customer’s plans and priorities as related to the project. Identifies value opportunities for Battelle with the client and establishes opportunity development capture plans. Positions Battelle to win all such opportunities.
- Actively contributes to business development and proposal activities including the formulation of win and bid strategies. Establishes review procedures to ensure that proposed technical work can be accomplished as described within proposed cost, time and quality constraints. Coordinates the efforts of the proposal team to formulate an offering that persuasively presents the technical and management approach that meets the client needs and documents the value created.
- Knows, understands and applies Battelle business management processes and procedures. Implements Project Management best practices and management policies. Understands, embraces and executes relevant Quality Systems and applicable industry regulations. Maintains a thorough understanding of and ensures compliance with applicable government and industry regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in ecology, or an environmental/ life/earth science.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation, or demonstrable evidence of equivalent corporate/organizational training in project management.
- 10 or more years prior experience successfully managing large, complex environmental projects, with heavy emphasis on logistics support of deployed, networked systems, assets and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of contract management and prior experience leading or supporting negotiation of contract changes.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a management style that encourages open expressions of ideas and opinions. Demonstrated ability to work in and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from a wide range of professional backgrounds and career stages. Ability to bridge competing views and work across diverse cultures, while being decisive.
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic, superior judgment, emotional intelligence, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to show sound judgment and independent initiative.
- Prior experience performing capture management.
- Prior experience leading and collaborating with others in proposal development, inclusive of costing/pricing.
Link to more information: See the full job description and apply.