State of Nebraska
Organization: The Nature Conservancy
- Lead the creation and implementation of all strategies designed to meet the MRCC’s 2025 and 2035 goals for Nebraska.
- Represent Nebraska to TNC’s MRCC team and collaborate with fellow MRCC team members, including TNC staff, corporate and nonprofit partners, to advance overall MRCC goals.
- Integrate other TNC Nebraska priority objectives for agriculture and water with MRCC-related efforts
- Meet with local partners to understand their conservation-oriented goals and programs regarding water quality, water quantity and soil health, and seek ways to leverage their efforts for meeting TNC objectives.
- Increase communication between partners, stakeholders, and TNC regarding our Water and Agriculture Program and represent the program to general audiences.
- Beginning with the Central Platte Watershed, work with partners to design and implement new private land initiatives at the watershed scale that advance MRCC goals.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ experience in agriculture, conservation, soil science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated successful project management experience.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in agricultural land and water management conservation practices.
- Knowledge of agricultural production.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build productive relationships with necessary partners, including farmers, ag businesses, and government agencies involved in agriculture.
- Experience communicating with the public and/or media, both in writing and verbally.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Arc GIS.
Link to more information: View the full job description.
How to apply: Submit your resume, and cover letter as one document through The Nature Conservancy’s online application system at nature.org/careers and apply to position #45487.
Application deadline: June 30, 2017