Organization: Jefferson Conservation District
Contact: Questions about this position can be referred to Emily Zeller at Jeffersonconservationdistrict@gmail.com.
- Initiate planning and coordinate with landowners and other stakeholders to develop a forest management plan (FMP).
- Perform necessary field work during all seasons to collect and organize forest inventory data using standard forest inventory equipment.
- Analyze and interpret data using computer software; compile data, current science (literature review) and prescription/recommendations into a written FMP.
- Use FMPs in the development of conservation plans under Farm Bill programs, primarily EQIP – Environmental Quality Incentives Program.
- Bachelor’s degree, or at least 2 years’ work experience, in forestry, natural resource management, or a related field.
- Basic understanding of forest and fire ecology in the western United States.
- Demonstrated success in working and communicating with others.
- Technical writing – write effectively and efficiently on topics involving forestry and natural resources.
- Development and delivery of visual presentations for a variety of groups, that may or may not be familiar with natural resources topics.
- General computing: proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS, and able to learn other software programs as necessary
Salary/pay: $17.00 – $22.00 per hour depending on experience.
How to apply: Application materials listed below should be compiled into one single electronic document/file (PDF or Word document) and named using this naming convention: “Forester2Application2017_ApplicantLastname”. For example, an application from someone named Sally Smith should read “Forester2Application2017_Smith”. Email the application file as an attachment to this address — firstname.lastname@example.org – and put “Forester 2 Application” in the subject line.
Required Application Materials: Cover letter (one page, one-sided), Résumé (or CV), Name, contact information, and relation for three professional references, and College/university transcripts (photocopies acceptable)
Application deadline: July 9, 2017