Location to be Determined
Job Title: Education & Outreach Program Manager
Organization: Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
Duties: This is a new position within the organization and it will include the following three core areas of work:
- Content Creation: This position will serve as the link between the organization’s Education & Outreach Department and the Marketing & Communications Department. As that link, this position will be responsible for creating content to engage new and emerging audiences in our hunting heritage, habitat education, shooting sports and conservation leadership programs. In collaborating with the Marketing & Communications team, this position will help disseminate this content through the organization’s media channels; including Pheasants Forever Journal, Quail Forever Journal, Forever Outdoors, websites, social media, email and special events.
- Women on the Wing: This position will coordinate the continued development and delivery of the organization’s relatively new Women on the Wing initiative. Within that initiative, there are four pillars: Women Caring for the Land workshops; Women, Wine & Wild Game events; Women on the Wing Chapters; hunter recruitment, retention & reactivation (R3) strategies. As the coordinator of the Women on the Wing initiative, this person will also be responsible for creating content in support of these events for all the organization’s communications channels.
- National Youth Leadership Council: This position will serve as the lead advisor, and program coordinator, for the organization’s National Youth Leadership Council (a group of about 30 high school aged conservation leaders from across the country who represent their age group on issues related to wildlife conservation and our outdoor traditions).
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Coordinate team and volunteer training workshops
- Play an active role in PF & QF’s comprehensive campaign and meet established fundraising goals
- Represent the organization at special events (National Pheasant Fest & Quail Classic, MN Game Fair, state fairs, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, marketing, public relations, natural resources, education, non-profit management or related field
- Excellent oral, public speaking and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently; as well as collaboratively within a team
- Successful small group facilitation and consensus building skills
- Experience in leadership development and volunteer training
- High energy and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience about upland bird hunting, conservation and outdoor education
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
Start and end dates: August 19, 2019 (Full-time position)
Salary/pay: Dependent upon qualifications and experience; includes health and retirement benefits.
How to apply: Visit our Recruitment website at http://www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume, and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Application deadline: July 21, 2019