Job Title: Assistant Director for Research and Development
Organization: Boise State University
Type of opportunity: The Energy Policy Institute, the policy arm for the Center for Advanced Energy Studies, is seeking a senior level specialist in energy to fill a new position. The Institute specializes in energy systems change with timely and impactful analysis, advising, training and related engagement to advance policy-relevant decision-making. We seek applicants with a strong track record in energy policy as well as interest in building strong capabilities in an advancing Institute.
Contact: For any questions, contact Kathy Araújo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties: In line with the strategic priorities of the Institute, the incumbent will work closely with the Director
- To develop scholarly, peer-review writing and related technical/research publications
- To conduct research and to write proposals that successfully secure external funding
- To manage core operational activity, and other duties as assigned.
- A PhD in an area related to energy policy/planning/public administration or equivalent professional experience
- A demonstrated track record in relevant, peer-reviewed writing and successfully leading in the securing of relevant and competitive external funding.
- Experience working with state or federal agencies, including the military
- GIS capabilities
- Intergovernmental organizational experience is also welcome.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- An ability to work effectively and flexibly in a multi-organizational setting
- Demonstrated ability to partner as a team player as needed, as well as to work independently, and to serve as a professional role model
- Attention to detail, accuracy and time management
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent speaking, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Agility in working with different research methods and forms of policy analysis.
- Interest, experience, and/or ability to promote cultural competency and/or diversity
Salary/pay: A salary plus excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees, for more information visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position and why you think you are well-suited for the Institute. Include a sample of your peer-reviewed writing and a resume that includes your employment history with dates of employment, and grants that you have secured.
Application deadline: The deadline for applications is August 5, 2019 at 11:59pm MST (review will begin upon submission)