Around Sheridan or Lander, WY
Job Title: Renewable Energy Community Organizer
Organization: Powder River Basin Resource Council
Location: Around Sheridan or Lander, WY
Organization Overview: Powder River Basin Resource Council, a leading nonprofit for public policy and grassroots organizing in Wyoming, is seeking applicants to fill the position of the Organizer. Powder River Basin Resource Council works to empower local member groups and to monitor and inform public policy affecting the state’s land, air, water, energy resources, agriculture, and community well-being. The organization is highly regarded both locally and nationally, and the community organizing approach and commitment to a civil society are respected by agencies, politicians and industry groups alike.
• Develop and implement organizing and grassroots campaign plans for diverse issue-based campaigns to reduce the impacts of energy development in Wyoming, with a particular focus on expanding renewable energy and keeping utility rates affordable;
• Recruit new members and engage in organizational outreach activities;
• Provide direction and support to members who are addressing issues of concern to the organization;
• Collaborate with members on research, campaigns, and communications;
• Represent Powder River to external public and private entities, including government departments, the state legislature, the media, and regulated businesses;
• Coach members to develop leadership, public presentation, and organizational skills;
• Participate in organizational fundraising, communications, and event responsibilities as assigned;
• Perform other activities as required or assigned.
• Commitment to Powder River’s mission, issues and values;
• Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints;
• Strong speaking and writing skills;
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours, and to travel;
• College degree (or equivalent work experience);
• Strong background in natural resource management, clean energy, agriculture and/or Wyoming issues preferred;
• Experience in issue-based campaign work, communications and/or fundraising also a plus.
Start date: March 1, 2022
Salary/pay: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Powder River offers a generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, vision, paid vacation leave, paid holidays and paid long-term sabbatical leave.
Application Deadline: Interviews are planned to start January 2022
How to apply: This position is open until filled, but applications are encouraged to be submitted as soon as possible. Powder River has two office locations, Sheridan and Lander, and while this position can be located anywhere in Wyoming, proximity to one of the offices is preferred. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and two brief writing samples to email@example.com (include Organizer Position Application in the subject field).