Job Title: Destination Marketing Intern
Organization: Albany County Tourism Board
Hours: May-October, Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM and some Saturdays 9AM-1PM
Support the Visitor Center Manager
- Greet all visitors with a smile and a courteous welcome
- Be knowledgeable about Laramie and Albany County and the surrounding areas
- Be able to find information about Wyoming and surrounding states to answer visitor questions.
- Be familiar with all literature available in office.
- Answer and direct all phone calls courteously.
- Keep records of all inquiries made by phone, email, and walk-ins, website, or reader responses. Create a monthly visitor count to be given to the board members at each monthly meeting.
- Employee will be trained on proper recording and reporting of the visitor reports.
- Record and mail out all visitor packets.
- Record and put together all conference/visitor welcome packets in a timely manner.
- Assist with the items for sale in the gift shop including merchandising, inventory, and transactions
- Create bulk mailings to be delivered to the US Post Office. Employee will be trained on the proper way to create a bulk mailing.
Support the Marketing Manager as needed on marketing campaigns, initiatives, and other tasks.
- Examples of marketing campaigns include digital, print, out of home, radio, content creation or collection, and more
Support the Design & Operations Manager as needed on graphic design projects or other items related to ACTB operations.
- Examples include managing items in the gift shop and providing input on creative for ad campaigns.
Support the Marketing & Events Outreach Coordinator as needed
- Examples include assistance with events and event planning, business outreach, and other marketing campaigns.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Be knowledgeable of Albany County. Have knowledge of the four different brand pillars that make up things to do in the Laramie area.
- Be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Education and experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license issued by a recognized United States governmental agency.
- Experience or interest in marketing, destination marketing, travel and tourism, hospitality, or related field is preferred.
Attend monthly Albany County Tourism Board Meetings
- Monthly board meetings take place every 3rd Monday of the month unless rescheduled beginning at 4 pm and last for approximately 2 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
In addition, the employee will perform any other task assigned by the Executive Director. This intern also works for and at the direction of the individuals who are on the Albany County Tourism Board.
How to Apply: Email a resume to Scott Larson, Executive Director: email@example.com. A cover letter is optional.