Job Title: Marketing & Events Specialist
Organization: Albany County Tourism Board
Hours: Monday through Friday 8AM-5PM
- Support the continued growth and promotion of the summer Recreate Responsibly campaign
- Assist with the development of the winter Recreate Responsibly campaign
- Support the continued partnership with Laramie Main Street on shop local and shop small campaigns each year
- Support businesses in the Laramie area by providing assistance with their business listings on Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and others to increase tourism traffic to local businesses
- Support businesses with their directory listings on the Visit Laramie website
- Support other staff as needed on marketing efforts and campaigns
- Develop, manage, and distribute our event planning guide to assist with the recruitment of groups, conferences, and events
- Staff booths at events in the Laramie area including those supported by ACTB grant requests
- Support ACTB grant requestors with event planning resources to increase the success of their events
- Develop and increase awareness of the events calendar on our website by working with businesses to promote their events to visitors and locals
- Support all inquiries regarding event planning in the Laramie area by providing resources needed to plan their event, conference, wedding, reunion, or other.
- Manage CVent for ACTB, an online event ticketing resource for event planners
- Increase our partnership with the University of Wyoming to raise awareness of on-campus events using the Visit Laramie events calendar
- Support ACTB by staffing a booth at University of Wyoming events such as student orientation, parents weekend, and other on-campus events
- Lead all planning and efforts associated with hosting the Wyoming High School State Football Championships
Community Outreach & Development
- Support ACTB with the development of the tourism ambassador program, including awareness and outreach to businesses in the Laramie area
- Support ACTB vendor relations in the Laramie area as needed
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in marketing, business, communications, or similar preferred but not required. Past work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in event planning preferred.
- Knowledge of current marketing best practices preferred with the ability to think creatively outside of the box and adapt quickly to change.
- Strong communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license issued by a recognized United States governmental agency.
- Must have some knowledge about the Laramie area and Albany County. We will train but a general knowledge of the area is a must.
Other Desired Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of CMS and CRM tools a plus.
- Photography and videography skills a plus.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
Attend monthly Albany County Tourism Board Meetings
- Monthly board meetings take place every 3rd Monday of the month unless rescheduled beginning at 4 pm and last for approximately 2 hour
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
In addition, the employee will perform any other task assigned by the Executive Director as required. This position also works for and at the direction of the individuals who are on the Albany County Tourism Board.
There is a vision for long-term growth and development for this position at the Albany County Tourism Board.
Salary & Benefits: Pay for this position is dependent on experience. The Albany County Tourism Board offers a full benefits package including retirement contributions, paid vacation, holidays, and sick days, and health, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees.
How to Apply: Email a resume to Scott Larson, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is optional.