Sylvan Lake State Park, CO
Job Title: Visitor Services Technician
Organization: Sylvan Lake State Park
Location: Sylvan Lake State Park, CO
Duties: Assures quality customer service and assistance to visitors. Daily interaction with park visitors requires effective communication and public relations skills. Specific Duties may include:
- Staff the park entrance station and Visitor Center.
- Provide information and assistance to visitors (distributes maps/ brochures, orients visitors to park facilities and amenities, promotes education programs, educates on State Park regulations, etc.)
- Sell parks passes, permits, books, maps, clothing, firewood and other novelties
- May sell gift certificates, search and rescue cards, boat, OHV and snowmobile registrations, fishing and hunting licenses
- Operate a cash register.
- Answering of telephones and transferring/taking messages.
- Photo-copying and filing
- Collects revenue, completes shift report and balances shift box at end of each shift.
- May prepare campground reservations forms and documents.
- May document and report visitor complaints.
- May assist with all areas of park operations including maintenance and environmental education programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation (provide motor vehicle record upon hire)
- May need to undergo criminal background investigation
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and varied shifts.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel). Enter data into spreadsheets.
- First Aid and CPR certification desired.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- May be required to work the entrance station for an 8 hour shift and take lunch in the station.
Salary/Pay: From $15.00 Per Hour
Housing Available: Individuals over 18, $40 per month
Start Date: April – May. This position is up to 40 hours per week and up to six months in duration. School schedules may be accommodated
How to Apply: Please contact:
Matt Westerberg or Abbe Batten