Position: Hunting & Ranch Operations Internships
Organization: Sweetgrass at Thunderbasin Ranch
Location: Weston, WY
Organization Overview: Sweetgrass Ranch, comprising of nearly 6,000 acres of the Western Black Hills is located 45 miles Northeast of Gillette, Wyoming and is accessible by car, commercial or private aircraft. It’s surrounded by 40,000 acres of national and state forest service land. The Sweetgrass compound centers around a newly renovated 4,000 sq. ft. Rendezvous event center with an 1800s era antique bar, retail store and commercial kitchen. Also on the property are accommodations in 21 private rooms. A 7,800 sq. ft. Lodge, 5 cabins, a 26,000 sq. ft. equestrian facility, greenhouse, culinary garden and apiary. The Covey Conference Center with state of the art meeting facilities, a dining room and wine cellar will open in the Summer of 2023. An outdoor enthusiast’s playground, Sweetgrass ranch maintains 56 sporting clays throwers on a course designed by professional sporting clays competitors and Promatic. A handgun and rifle flat range and 3 gun range, as well as, an archery flat range and walking course with 3D targets provide something for nearly all hunting enthusiasts. Well stocked ponds with warm water fish, hiking trails, hundreds of miles of ATV touring trails, and guided horseback riding.
Position Overview: Sweetgrass Ranch is seeking passionate and motivated interns to assist in all aspects of upland wing hunting and general ranch operations. Successful candidates will be responsible for working alongside experienced hunting and ranch staff and gaining hands-on experience during their internship period.
- Assist with hunting operations, including guiding, animal care, and processing of game.
- Participate in general ranch management tasks, such as fence repair, pasture maintenance, and equipment upkeep.
- Help with the care of horses and other ranch animals.
- Maintain accurate records of hunting operations and ranch tasks.
- Follow all safety regulations and procedures while on the job.
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure the smooth operation of the ranch.
- Strong work ethic and passion for ranch management and hunting.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding outdoor environment.
- Basic knowledge of hunting and ranch management principles.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from experienced staff.
- Ability to live in a group-lodging environment with other coworkers.
- Adaptability to work in all weather conditions and climates.
- Demonstrate a comfort level with the daily operations of a ranch that involves the humane raising, harvesting, and preparation of various types of animals for consumption; and to be comfortable around the presence of hunting weapons and equipment.
Start/End Dates: August 13 – November 20
Salary/Pay: Paid internship with additional gratuities and end-of-season bonuses. More information and benefits found in full job description.
How to Apply: Email email@example.com for more information.