Organization: Haub School of Environment & Natural Resources
The University of Wyoming Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources is accepting applications for a Special Events Coordinator to plan and execute conferences, trainings, meetings, and other events by arranging, coordinating, and securing contracts with vendors for venues, catering, equipment, technological needs, and other logistics; promote events to appropriate constituencies through social media and interpersonal communication, designing and distributing print and electronic materials, and other methods; maintain contact databases for outreach purposes including event invitations, conference registration, and mailings; and coordinate event-related travel arrangements and expense vouchers for Haub School staff, faculty, and visitors.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Administrative Associate and in collaboration with the Haub School team, plan and execute events for the divisions of the Haub School. The Special Events Coordinator will be in charge of planning and logistics for conferences and trainings, receptions, board meetings, and other events.
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – specifically, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience working as a team member and fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Valid Driver’s License with a motor vehicle record that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy found at: http://www.uwyo.edu/auxserv/fleet/Official-Vehicle-Policy/OVP.pdf.
- Bachelor’s-level degree is preferred
- Ability to design event promotion materials
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using social media
- Ability to manage multiple projects with different deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Interest in or experience with environment and natural resource issues
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to occasionally work outside of a normal 40-hour work week
- Familiarity with the Haub School mission
How to Apply: Candidates should complete the online application, including: submitting a cover letter, a detailed CV, and contact information for three work-related references – all as one document. Questions regarding the position can be sent to Kim Messersmith (email@example.com), Business Manager, Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources.
To learn more or apply, visit uwyo.edu/hr (Job ID 8917).
Review of applications begins on August 22, 2017.