Duties: We are currently looking for a Ph.D. student for Spring 2018 to help with a project that focuses on reducing informational feedback delays between applied ecological research and adoption of management practices in the Northern Great Plains (USA). The successful candidate will use existing data from national research networks and research stations to engage local stakeholders to design and test the usability of real-time data products.
- B.S. in one of the following areas: environmental science, biology, agricultural ecosystems, natural resources management, or rangeland ecology
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Some programming experience and interest in using visualization techniques preferred.
Salary/pay: Full graduate research assistantship (with stipend) and tuition waiver will be provided for 3 years and additional opportunities for funding are available.
How to apply: Interested students are encouraged to email the following as a single pdf document: 1) a brief cover letter describing their professional background, relevant research experience and interests, career goals, and reasons for seeking a Ph.D., 2) a current curriculum vitae/resume, 3) names and contact information for three references, and 4) an unofficial copy of transcripts and GRE scores. Please send directly to email@example.com.
Application deadline: October 15, 2017