Organization: The State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF)
Duties: The successful candidate will be expected to build a strong extramurally funded research program in environmental communication. S/he will teach undergraduate and graduate course(s) in environmental communication and seminars within his/her area of expertise. The typical teaching load is 2 courses per semester. The selected candidate will be expected to collaborate with colleagues and students across other disciplines at the College and within the broader academic community. The position will be filled by a candidate with expertise in one or more of the following areas: science communication, risk communication, public understanding of science, citizen science, public participation, conflict resolution, communication of national and international environmental policies, environmental campaigns, media studies, and social marketing, among others.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Communication or a related discipline by date of appointment.
- An established record of excellence in sponsored research, peer-reviewed publication, and graduate teaching.
- Strong theoretical grounding in one or more disciplines.
- Interdisciplinary research experience.
- A scholar with experience using mixed methods, though with a heavier focus on quantitative methods (i.e., survey design and network analysis).
- Scholars with domestic and/or international research experience.
Link to more information: Learn more about the position and apply.
Application deadline: October 31, 2017