Organization: Wyoming Outdoor Council
- Lead and direct management and the implementation of the Outdoor Council’s mission and strategic plan. Work closely with board of directors to facilitate and lead revision of the five-year strategic plan. Ensure the organization makes measureable progress on its programmatic goals of protecting Wyoming’s lands, wildlife, environmental quality, and public health.
- Ensure that the organization makes measureable progress on its ‘organizational strategies’ as identified in the strategic plan: (1) Build Recognition and Broad Support for our Mission; (2) Secure the Council’s Financial Future; (3) Strengthen Board Capacity; and (4) Strengthen Staff Capacity.
- Provide organizational leadership and supervision to ensure that each staff member has clear expectations, is engaged in his or her work, and has the tools needed for the job. Ensure that all staff have a positive and productive work environment.
- Supervise the organizational leadership team (program, development, and communications) and administrative staff, providing oversight and guidance on the management of each program area.
- Direct and/or support fundraising activities. Maintain relationships with key funders, foundations, and major donors. Meet/communicate with potential new donors as needed. Steward and solicit a portfolio of important funders to help the organization meet annual income goals.
Desired qualifications: An ideal candidate will genuinely enjoy engaging with people and will be prepared to accomplish the tasks above as demonstrated by a suitable combination of academic background, training, and experience. S/he will also be personable, organized, easygoing, and self-directed; have a good sense of humor; be a great communicator (in person, by phone, and in print); and have five or more years of related professional experience, demonstrated ability to analyze public policy, synthesize complex information, and communicate this analysis in a manner that is accessible and compelling to a non-technical audience, and professional and/or academic experience in the following areas: management, fundraising, and environmental advocacy/policy.
How to apply: Email a letter of interest detailing how your experience and skills match this position description, a resume, two writing samples, and contact and relationship information for three references to Linda Sisco at firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Executive Director” in the subject).
Application deadline: December 11, 2017.