Organization: Teton Valley Ranch Camp
Duties: The TM is responsible for assisting in facilitation of training, supervising, managing, and evaluating all Trips Program seasonal staff. The TM is also responsible for supporting all aspects of the Trips Program. The TM is also responsible for assisting the Operations Director in meeting reporting requirements and deadlines for permits in the National Forests and Grand Teton National Park. The TM will also promote a culture of risk management both on the trail and at the ranch. The TM will share some duties with the Trips Assistant (TA), and both will work closely in order to ensure that all the afore mentioned responsibilities are carried out effectively.
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative / supervisory experience in residential camping; backcountry trips program management
- Coursework related to outdoor education, experiential education, outdoor leadership, recreation, or related field
- Prior professional experience managing risk in the backcountry
- Experience leading groups in the backcountry; experience leading groups of children
- Experience providing support for backcountry incidents and emergencies, WFR and field experience preferred
Start and end dates: June 15th to August 16th, 2018. Staff arrive as early as May 27th, 2018 for training and orientation.
Salary/pay: $2,750.00 for the summer, which includes all food, lodging, internet and laundry. We also offer a travel reimbursement program for folks that complete the season.
Link to more information: View the full description.
How to apply: Apply online.