Organization: Wyoming Department of Transportation
- Manages environmental databases – Maintains project data including record of cultural surveys, wildlife surveys, wildlife roadway corridor information, wetland mitigation sites and other miscellaneous resource locations throughout the state in various environmental databases.
- Develops customized queries and reports from the databases utilizing highly technical and specialized software for internal WYDOT use and to provide to state and federal agencies.
- Performs a variety of analyses associated with maintaining accurate and up to date environmental database. Ensures accurate coding and project status for ES activities in Primavera.
- Environmental Document/Cartography Preparation -Manages the ES spatial database.
- Produces maps for inclusion into National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents and for assigning consultant work.
- Assists with environmental mapping for statewide corridor planning. Utilizes various software to incorporate consultant data into usable format for use with WYDOT software.
- Provides cartography to various stakeholders. including federal agencies, state agencies, varied WYDOT programs, citizens and consultants.
- Prepares and provides staff with environmental resource data for NEPA compliance.
- Routinely reviews environmental documents to ensure cartography is accurate for the project and displayed in a clear and concise manner.
- Project Coordination and Support – Assists two Environmental Coordinators with monitoring environmental activities and documentation to assist the ES section in meeting section goals.
- Attends plan reviews, public meetings, and other project related meetings as a representative for WYDOT Environmental Services.
- Provides technical support for environmental staff and occasionally provide field support for environmental investigations.
- Maintains the WYDOT environmental services website with current project data and environmental improvements created by WYDOT.
- Project Research – Performs environmental research and analyzes data on projects to compile resource concerns for project meetings.
- Using judgement and knowledge of project status, reviews and analyzes bi-monthly district project reports.
Desired qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Geography or GIS)
with 0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Geography or GIS) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Map Editor.
Salary/pay: $18.54 – $23.18 Hourly
Link to more information: Find out more about the position and apply.
Application deadline: March 30, 2018