Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Duties: The Land Steward maintains preserve areas frequented by the visiting public and performs land management activities. The Land Steward removes exotic species and/or conducts species monitoring and may also manage livestock. The Land Steward may assist in prescribed burns and maintaining tools, equipment and land, as well as, maintaining preserve records using a database, PC or mobile device.
- High school diploma or GED and 1 year’s training in science-related field or related experience in land management.
- Experience recognizing plant and animal species.
- Experience operating various types of equipment in a safe and efficient manner (e.g. Lawn mower, chainsaw, UTV, ATV or OHV, two-way radio, or similar equipment).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain related licenses or certifications as required. (e.g. First Aid, CPR, herbicide or pesticide application).
Start and end dates: May 14, 2018
Link to more information: Learn more about this position.
How to apply: Interested candidates should visit www.nature.org/careers/. To apply to position number 46367, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons.
Application deadline: April 20, 2018