Contact: Please contact Ed Sherline, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concentrate on a well-defined ethical problem;
- Make a positive contribution to solving an ethical problem;
- Have a substantial, clear, developed, relevant, and concrete ethics component;
- Utilize a process or methodology for investigation and research;
- Are of consequence, and have potential benefit to others;
- Are feasible, capable of completion in one summer;
- Are original, the students’ own research rather than a segment of faculty research;
- Use the funds for project essentials;
- Have a strong faculty letter of recommendation.
- Students must be enrolled full-time, during the 2018 Spring Semester and enrolled for at least one credit hour during the 2018 Summer Semester (this includes graduate students). Graduate students must be formally accepted in a University of Wyoming graduate program.
- The recipients are expected to work full time during the summer on his or her project.
- The recipients must present their research to the university community in Academic Year 2018-19. This might be a departmental colloquium, or a graduate student conference, or the undergraduate research days.
- Past recipients of this Independent Study award are not eligible.
Salary/pay: $3,000 award
Link to more information: View the full description and apply.
Application deadline: April 23, 2018