Organization: Wyoming Game and Fish Department, Sheridan District
- Work with the media, printed and broadcast, to proactively relate the business of an agency and the public, review news coverage, and respond in a timely manner to requests for interviews, information, and questions from the media.
- Write news releases about the Department and its personnel.
- Speak publicly to educate groups.
- Act as agency liaison; disseminate information to newspapers, radio, television, communication networks, and internet based media.
- Participate in budget-planning process.
- Write grants and develop internal project-funding proposals.
- Provide guidance at regional and statewide levels regarding internal and public participation in planning and decision-making processes.
- Implement public participation practices by facilitating public meetings, statewide and local working groups, and community workshops, facilitate discussion, capture group input, and compile group memory.
- Coordinate internal and external communication at the regional and statewide level by gathering information regarding Department issues, programs, and projects.
Desired qualifications: Preference will be given to those with a bachelor’s degree or related degree in journalism, education, communications with an emphasis on Wildlife or Natural Resource Management or Wildlife Management and Conservation plus 3 years of progressive work experience in public relations.
Salary/pay: $4,128.00 – $5,160.00 Monthly
Link to more information: 040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Wildlife Division – HR Contact 307-777-4507. Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure. (URL: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm). Applications due April 19, 2018.