Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Utah
Job Title: Regional representative
Organization: Pheasants Forever
Type of opportunity: We seek an individual with the talent, passion, and desire to promote and grow the nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 740 chapters, 145,000 members and an $89 million annual budget.
- Partnership Development with state and federal agencies and other sportsman groups to build common areas of interest including grant writing and development of agreements
- Identify and develop major gift prospects.
- Promote the PF/QF mission & fund-raising efforts that support the organization.
- Plan and conduct area meetings and state meetings with chapters.
- Provide customer service to chapter volunteers across the state. A primary focus of the duties will include increasing memberships, merchandise sales, and facilitating contributions to and delivering national and regional habitat programs.
- Work with chapter volunteers to increase the efficiencies and effectiveness of fund-raising events.
- Create new chapters and restructure existing chapters to encourage strong volunteer committees that are striving to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- Develop and use methods of regular communication with chapter leaders to keep them informed and motivated about the organization’s mission, activities, goals and fund-raising efforts.
- Work with the National, Regional and States team of employees to develop and deliver a consistent message about our habitat and outreach education mission.
- Create new events (other than banquets) to sell memberships, for example, pub nights, online donation events, and other new ideas
- Work within the organization and with partners to create storylines that promote PF/QF for use in magazine, website, social media, podcasts, and all media
- Innovative and creative thinker with proven success of following through.
- Strong organization, leadership, and sales skills
- B.A./B.S. in Wildlife Biology, Education, Marketing or related field with practical experience.
- Ability to work and interact with sportsmen and sportswomen and a general knowledge of habitat conservation programs.
- Innovative and resourceful self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team at a leadership level
Start date: November 2018
Salary/pay: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; + health benefits and retirement package.
Link to more information: include link to job posting on organization website
How to apply: Visit our Recruitment website at http://www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications, resume, and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file before uploading on the Recruitment website.
Application deadline: September 30, 2018