Providence, Rhode Island
Job Title: Energy Manager
Organization: Brown University
Type of opportunity:
Brown’s Office of Sustainability works to achieve Brown University’s sustainability goals and programs. The Office of Sustainability is committed to achieving sustained energy and environmental performance. This requires an ongoing, integrated and systematic approach to resource management including assessing performance, setting, goals, creating an action plan and tracking, and communicating results.
The Energy Manager position will provide an important role in identifying efficiency and emission reducing technologies and approaches, and communicate and collaborate effectively across all levels. The EM is responsible for implementing energy programming and identifying best practices to meet the University’s energy, emissions and savings goals. Perhaps most importantly this position will ensure the energy team collaborates effectively with Operations and D&C and departments across campus – requiring the individual to work with Operations and D&C to develop a comprehensive understanding of how Office of Sustainability, Operations, and D&C can best complement each other and meet all divisional goals and outcomes. The EM will oversee the two Energy Engineers and an Energy Project Manager and will oversee the split time of the Systems Programmer housed in Operations. This position will be the primary engineering advisor on all capital projects and major renovations to ensure projects are in-line with the University’s sustainability goals. Additional responsibilities will include demand response/limiting, GHG tracking and reporting, ensuring proper maintenance of energy management tools, managing RFP processes and contractors, and developing a strategic metering plan in collaboration with Operations.
Contact: If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering OR other relevant engineering/scientific discipline and 10 years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and working knowledge of Building Automation Systems, GHG reporting, and preparing and analyzing reports
- Significant experience in energy management/energy auditing of facilities, preferably with research facility management and auditing experience;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community of engineers, non-engineers, faculty, students, and various staff with limited knowledge of energy technology, systems, or theory.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and project management to engineering projects of high complexity and broad-ranging scope;
- Ability to manage staff and ensure workload is appropriate and effectively and efficiently completed.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; Other database experience preferred
- Physically capable of accessing areas in buildings where mechanical equipment is located.
Start and end dates: Full time
Link to more information: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/staff-careers-brown/job/295-Lloyd-Avenue/Energy-Manager_REQ148405?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
How to apply: Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume with the file name as follows: (Cover Letter) Last Name_First Name_CL – (Resume) Last Name_First Name_Resume. See link above for application