Position: Campus Sustainability Student Internship Spring 2019
The University of Wyoming Campus Sustainability Committee is seeking a student intern to complete the university’s annual greenhouse gas emissions inventory. Emissions tracking is a key component of UW’s sustainability efforts, which are tracked by the Sustainability Tracking, Rating, and Assessment (STARS) tool.
Primary Goals and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff across campus—including physical plant, accounting, research, and other units—to gather greenhouse gas emissions data
- Compile data into an Excel-based carbon calculator
- Complete a report summarizing emissions and progress toward goals to reduce emissions.
- Summarize findings to Campus Sustainability Committee and work with CSC Communications Intern to disseminate findings
This internship is an excellent professional development experience for a motivated student. The successful applicant will be an undergraduate or graduate student with:
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic spreadsheet/Excel knowledge—how to enter data, create graphs, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with others across campus
This internship will be approximately 8 hours per week during the spring semester and will be paid a stipend of $1,500.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit a PDF document that includes the following:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position including any relevant work/volunteer/class experiences, how the position would benefit you academically and professionally, and why you are interested in the position
- Current resume or CV
- Contact information for 2 academic and/or professional references who can speak to your work ethic and communication skills
- A transcript of UW courses (can be unofficial printed off WyoWeb)
Submit materials electronically to Nicole Korfanta (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rachael Budowle (email@example.com). APPLICATIONS ARE DUE by February 4 at 5pm.
The Campus Sustainability Committee is a Presidentially appointed campus-wide committee that advances sustainability at the University of Wyoming and the broader community by promoting sustainability awareness, using campus as a living laboratory, and providing strategies for sustainability operations.