Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Organization: name hyperlinked to company website
Type of opportunity: The employee will work with Pheasants Forever, Inc. & Quail Forever (PF/QF) and partners to lead conservation outreach efforts in Missouri. Primary duties will be to increase awareness of USDA program opportunities and training for Missouri landowners. This position will also work directly with the organization’s chapters to coordinate, promote, and deliver partnership outreach events.
This position will require the person to be a self-starter with excellent outdoor education, communication, and program coordination skills and a strong work ethic. This effort will provide an opportunity to make significant contributions to conservation outreach in the state. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the outdoors with experience in agriculture and outdoor education, hunter outreach and working with landowners. The candidate must understand how agriculture and conservation are connected and have a passion for helping Missouri’s landowners as they work to run sustainable agricultural operations. Travel will be expected throughout the state of Missouri
Contact: Casey Bergthold (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Work closely with PF/QF partners in Missouri to build awareness of conservation practices and programs
- With support from the Missouri PF/QF staff, manage the Quail Forever in Missouri Facebook page to raise awareness of soil, water, and wildlife conservation opportunities in groups of new and historically underserved farmers and ranchers.
- Become familiar with the strategies outlined in both the National Hunting & Shooting Sports and the PFQF National Hunter Recruitment, Retention & Reactivation (R3) Action Plans.
- Work with PF/QF staff, volunteers and partners to develop and host events and activities that are R3 strategic for youth and adults.
- Provide a leadership role in working with local PF/QF chapters to deliver community-based pollinator habitat projects.
- Facilitate communication and coordination among conservation organizations to maximize attendance and leverage resources for outdoor education.
- Evaluate and adapt programs to maximize results and outcomes.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Organize and train adult volunteers to deliver outreach programs.
- Travel required.
- Applicant should possess a minimum of an Associate Degree and 3 years of field related experience. Experience in education and event coordination preferred. The ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoors and outdoor education.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience related to establishing pollinator/wildlife habitat.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sporting firearms in target shooting and hunting scenarios. Advanced Hunter Education Certificate and shooting experience a plus. Candidate will be required to get shooting instructor certification.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead volunteers and partners.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Dedication to wildlife conservation and the enjoyment of the outdoors.
Start date: March 18th, 2019
Salary/pay: Commensurate with Education and Experience.=
How to apply:
Visit our website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website. For Questions, please contact the Quail Forever Missouri State Coordinator, Casey Bergthold, at email@example.com.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2019