Job Title: Conservation Scientist
Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Type of opportunity: We seek a conservation scientist to join us in finding innovative solutions to the threats at hand. The successful candidate will: lead research that advances best conservation practices in Wyoming; engage closely with partners within TNC and in government agencies, organizations, and universities; help set priorities for the conservation activities undertaken by the Wyoming chapter; provide scientific support for program staff and preserve managers within TNC; and manage the GIS database for the chapter
- Masters Degree in a related field and 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with GIS and spatial analyses.
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience synthesizing, interpreting and communicating scientific information.
- Experience preparing reports of findings.
- Record of peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide and diverse range of people.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Ph.D. in a related field.
- Strong knowledge of ArcGIS and experience managing and analyzing spatial data.
- Strong skills in statistics, scientific writing, verbal communication, and track record of raising funds for research.
- Expertise in a topic of relevance to the work of TNC in Wyoming, especially (but not limited to): watershed science, forest management, or conservation planning.
- Ability to engage in a wide range of conservation issues, analyze complex problems, rapidly build expertise on new issues, and develop strategic responses or solutions.
- Knowledge of Western/Wyoming wildlife and ecosystems.
- Experience creating and working effectively with diverse partners from conservation NGOs, government agencies, and/or academic institutions.
- Experience translating complex technical and scientific issues to a broad range of audiences and across platforms (e.g. in-person presentations to social media).
- Strong ethic of teamwork, communication, collaboration and accountability.
Start and end dates: This is a full-time position
Salary/pay: The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment.
How to apply: To apply, visit The Nature Conservancy’s Career page (Job# 47258). http://www.nature.org/aboutus/careers/index.htm Please include a cover letter, full CV, and contact information for three references in your application. Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2019. For further information contact: Corinna Riginos (firstname.lastname@example.org )