Job Title: Compost Operations Coordinator
Organization: Appalachian State University
- Coordination of compost facility to include daily operations and scheduled maintenance per operations and maintenance manual.
- Pick-up compostable materials at designated areas and process into composting area.
- Keep daily records of temperatures and measurements and other data collections required by permitting process on computer spreadsheets.
- Lead informational tours and discuss the compost process and answer questions on Appalachian’s compost facility.
- Attend sustainability meetings regarding composting operations and seek ways to expand composting within the campus community.
- Additional duties may include assisting Recycling in daily operations, assisting with campus move requests, assisting landscape crews with daily maintenance.
- Bachelors Degree in Sustainable Development or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Some supervisory experience.
- Considerable knowledge of current composting, and recycling practices.
- Ability to use the internet, email, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to keep detailed records and daily maintenance logs as required.
- Possess good written and oral communications skills.
- Have the ability to operate dump trucks, backhoes, tractors, and all associated hand tools.
Start and end dates: Permanent Full-Time
Salary/pay: $31,200 – $33,636
How to apply: Apply here.
Application deadline: 02/12/2019