Job Title: Oklahoma State Coordinator
Organization: Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
Type of opportunity: This is a full-time position with state-wide responsibility working directly with the Oklahoma-Natural Resources Conservation Service, Audubon and other in-state conservation partners to coordinate the delivery of wildlife and pollinator habitat as well as grazing conservation efforts within the state of Oklahoma. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for Quail Forever within the State of Oklahoma as well as support and lead the Oklahoma-Quail Forever Biologist Team.
- Provide direct oversight, leadership and guidance to a State-wide Quail Forever Team, ensuring effective conservation delivery and coordination within their counties of responsibility.
- Work with PF/QF Regional Director and Pheasants Forever Inc. & Quail Forever Marketing Team to provide information focused on promoting in-state strategic conservation efforts (Working Lands for Wildlife, Audubon Conservation Ranching, etc.) to media sources in Oklahoma.
- Coordinate statewide habitat initiatives and partnerships that advance our mission in Oklahoma.
- Monitor the progress of the OK-QF Team in the delivery of strategic conservation initiatives, keeping partners aware of timelines and milestones, and prepare monthly written progress reports.
- Work closely with field practitioners and partner staff to educate them on the proper implementation and utilization of wildlife conservation programs and practices.
- Work closely with NRCS State Office staff to provide insight and input related to programs standards and specifications specifically focused on wildlife conservation, assisting with the development and review/update of wildlife-related program standards and specifications and enhancements. Through the direction of State Resource Conservationist and State Wildlife Biologist, assist in Quality Assurance Reviews and spot checks on wildlife focused practices.
- Work with Audubon staff to coordinate all aspects of the Audubon Conservation Ranching Initiative in Oklahoma, including ranch recruitment, Habitat Management Plan development, ranch certification, landowner assistance workshops, and bird monitoring.
- Provide cost-share program, Audubon Conservation Ranching program, habitat restoration, and management training to conservation planners on wildlife habitat.
- Identify opportunities (grants or groups) that will enhance strategic plan achievement. Pursue granting opportunities as they become available.
Desired qualifications: Minimum qualifications are a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in conservation, biology, agriculture or closely related field with three years of work experience in your field.
Expected experience and skills include:
- Project or habitat plan coordination and execution
- Strong coordination, facilitation, team building, and a collaborative approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in wildlife management and/or grazing management and ecology
- Substantial computer and technology-based understanding
- Planning, budget management, program evaluation, and report writing
- A strong understanding of Farm Bill Programs (EQIP, CStP, ACEP, CRP) specifically as it relates to program implementation, standards and specifications, and practice designs.
- Desirable experience and skills include:
- Working with Federal, State, NGO and private industry partners
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Grant writing and management and/or general fundraising
Start and end dates: May 6th, 2019 (Full-time position)
Salary/pay: Commensurate with Experience + health benefits
How to apply: Visit our website at http://www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website. Additional questions may be directed to Chris McLeland-South Region Director at email@example.com
Application deadline: March 25, 2019