Grand Junction, CO
Job Title: Conservation Fellowship
Organization: Colorado West Land Trust
Type of opportunity: Colorado West Land Trust has a full-time opening for a Conservation Fellowship. This two-year position is intended to advance the career of an emerging conservation leader while providing important work to a respected, leading land trust. This position will focus on developing a conservation easement database and a regional conservation plan working closely with Stewardship and Land Protection staff and directly with conservation easement landowners and external partners. The successful candidate is detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills, significant database experience, and the ability to coordinate multiple deadline-driven projects.
- Lead effort to develop a conservation easement database on the SalesForce platform using the
- Work with consultants and other staff to integrate easement information for both Black Canyon
Regional Land Trust and Mesa Land Trust including populating the database with new data and
- Within the new database, create forms and reports for internal and external use.
Field-based and other technologies
- Research field-based and other technologies that offer the potential for improving efficiency and
the effectiveness of stewardship, monitoring, and reporting.
- Prepare recommendations for new technologies in conjunction with Stewardship staff
- Colorado West Land Trust Conservation Fellow
- Implement new technologies.
Conservation Easement Monitoring
- Assist in conservation easement monitoring and reporting.
- Respond to landowner inquiries, questions, and requests under the direction of Stewardship staff.
- Assist in the development of regional-wide strategic conservation plan. Duties may include coordinating
meetings with stakeholders to gather input, GIS analysis, and writing and editing.
- Assist other CWLT staff on projects as directed, including new conservation projects.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Database proficiency
- Experience in agriculture, range management or natural resources preferred
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Publisher)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, sense of humor, and a commitment to the organization’s mission
Start and end dates: Full-time (2 year position)
Salary/pay: Competitive salary includes generous benefits package with health, dental and vision insurance; retirement plan; paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
Link to more information: https://cowestlandtrust.org/careers/
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a single PDF file and use the subject line “Conservation Fellowship”. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: March 31, 2019