Job Title: Project Manager
Organization: Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
Type of opportunity: We are seeking an individual with the talent, passion and desire to help promote and grow the Nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. Pheasants Forever (PF) and Quail Forever (QF) have over 745 chapters, 140,000 members across the nation.
Contact: Please contact Eran Sandquist, Minnesota State Coordinator for Pheasants Forever, with any questions: (320) 236-7755, email@example.com
- Work with the State Coordinator, PF Grant staff, and agency partners to develop, conduct, and manage acquisition, restoration & enhancement projects that advance strategic goals.
- Work with State Coordinator and partner organizations to manage grant acquisition, restoration and enhancement project opportunities.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations related to grant and contract-funded acquisition and restoration projects.
- Assist the State Coordinator and PF Grant staff in tracking budgets, preparing timely deliverables, and arranging staff and partner support for grant and contract-funded habitat restoration and enhancement projects.
- Work with the State Coordinator and PF Grant staff to write annual and final grant reports and prepare grant proposals for habitat projects.
- Provide timely updates and reporting on progress to stateside staff and partners.
- Work with State Coordinator and Restoration Manager to develop centralized project database.
- Support other stateside staff and programs in priority activities as requested and as schedules permit.
- Support geospatial design and development including mapping, staff training and database management.
- Provide GIS analytics to help identify priority areas using decision support tools.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an environmental field such as ecology, environmental restoration or natural resource management or 3-5 years’ experience working in a related field such as restoration ecology or natural resource management, and a demonstrated understanding of the scientific method; minimum 5 years’ experience if no advanced degree.
- Broad understanding of wildlife ecology, wetland and grassland management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
- Experience in developing and writing grant proposals.
- Computer, data analysis, and information management skills including the use of the MS Office suite.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Project management experience, including budget tracking and reporting, coordination of effective work teams, meetings, and partner engagement.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
- Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Demonstrated proficiency in ArcMap.
Start and end dates: August 1, 2019 (Full-time position)
Salary/pay: Dependent upon qualifications.
Link to more information: Visit our website at http://www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
How to apply: Only online applications will be accepted. Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Application deadline: July 22, 2019