Job Title: Summer Internship
Organization: Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
Type of opportunity: Spend your summer working with tribal organizations to address tribal environmental issues. The internships have a technical, educational or policy focus. We are offering 8 positions in air quality. Host sites are selected from tribal environmental organizations, government offices, the US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) and others.
- US Citizen
- Identify as Native American/Alaska Native
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate college student during Spring 2020 (12 hours undergrad, 9 hours grad) at any tribal college, college or university
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Majoring in an environmental or related field like science, engineering, planning, policy, law, management, political science, anthropology, or health
- Interested in pursuing an environmental career after graduating
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in working with Native American tribes or topics
Salary/pay: The internship program provides each student intern with a stipend, and limited housing and travel allowances.
How to apply: For details about how to apply see website (http://www7.nau.edu/itep/main/eeop/Internships/ssi_internship)
Application deadline: February 28, 2020