University of Wyoming
Job Title: Peer Interns
Organization: UW Writing Center
Type of opportunity: The UW Writing Center is excited to announce openings for several peer interns. We seek to build a diverse team of undergraduates from departments across campus. Applicants should value effective writing and communication and should be excited to support the mission of the UW Writing Center by helping maintain a professional atmosphere, coordinate consultations, and establish a campus-wide presence. Interns will also have the opportunity to progress to other roles within the UWWC.
Duties: Writing Center Interns contribute to the mission of the UW Writing Center by helping us maintain a professional atmosphere, coordinate consultations, and establish a campus-wide presence. The Writing Center invites strong writers and communicators from all majors and colleges. Interested interns can progress to other roles through tutor training, after an initial 10-week period.
Duties as a Writing Center Intern predominantly involve front desk duty, working on assigned Writing Center projects, and shadowing tutors/consultants. The title ‘Writing Center Intern’ reflects an entry-level position in the Writing Center; interns must first complete 10 weeks of work as a Writing Center Intern before being considered for a Tutor position.
- Experience working one-on-one with students outside of the classroom
- Experience working in a Writing Center or other tutoring environment
- Experience working with ESL writers/students
- Multilingual proficiency (spoken, written, or both)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Declared major in a writing-intensive discipline
- Familiarity with a variety of written genres (academic, professional, or creative)
Contact: Questions should be directed to Francesca King, email@example.com.
How to apply: More information and guidelines for applying can be found here: