Job Title: Orientation Leader
Organization: name hyperlinked to company website
Duties: The minimum expectations and responsibilities for Orientation Leaders include:
- Attend and actively participate in the Orientation Leader training program.
- Full-time training is tentatively scheduled for May 19-22 and 26-29. Dates may be added or changed without notice. Tentative move-in day is Tuesday, May 19th
- Work all the Orientation sessions:
- Discovery Days: Saturday, April 11, 2020
- Transfer Advising Day: Monday, April 27, 2020
- June Orientation Sessions: June 1-2, 4-5, 8-12, 15-16, 18-19, 22-26, and 29-30, 2020.
- International Orientation: Tentatively scheduled for Thursday, August 20 and Friday, August 21, 2020.
- August Orientation: Tentatively scheduled for Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Assist with the organization, planning, and implementation of Orientation activities.
- Answer questions of all kinds about UW and Laramie.
- Give campus tours to new students and their parents when required.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned.
Please note: Attendance is mandatory at all sessions listed in #1 and #2 above—including all training and Orientation sessions.
Desired qualifications: The minimum qualifications for Orientation Leaders include:
- Understand and believe in the mission of the University of Wyoming Orientation Program.
- Being able to positively interact and relate well with students, parents, faculty, and administrators.
- Have a high energy level, a commitment to teamwork, strong communication skills, and be responsible, reliable, flexible, and confident.
- Be an undergraduate student (or Spring 2020 graduating senior) in good academic standing and in good standing with the Dean of Students Office.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about UW, regulations, people, programs, and community.
- Have a basic understanding of UW and its opportunities.
Benefits: The basic benefits for University of Wyoming Orientation Leaders include the opportunity to:
- Work with a great team; develop strong communication and leadership skills, knowledge, and service to others.
- Serve as a role model while assisting in the recruitment, transition, and retention of new students.
- Earn $9 per hour for meetings, trainings, and Orientation sessions.
- Receive lunch, snack, and dinner on day one and breakfast and lunch on day two of each Freshmen Orientation session.
- Stay for free in the Residence Halls during May training and June Orientation sessions.
- Acquire a $100 WyoOne meal stipend to use during May training and June Orientation sessions.
- Receive free gear.
How to apply: Go to uwyo.edu/orientation and click on Orientation Leader Information and Application link to access the application and reference form. Group interview sign-ups are located at the Campus Visitor Center in the Union. Applicants must provide the reference form link to their references.
Application deadline: Completed applications, materials, reference forms, and signing up for the group interview are due by 5pm on February 7, 2020.