The University of Wyoming Campus Sustainability Committee (UW-CSC) is seeking a student intern to complete the University’s annual greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory. Emissions tracking is a key component of UW’s sustainability efforts, which are tracked by the Sustainability Tracking, Rating, and Assessment (STARS) tool.
Primary goals and responsibilities:
- Work with staff across campus—including Operations, Accounting, Research and Economic Development, and other units—to gather greenhouse gas emissions data
- Compile data into an Excel-based carbon calculator
- Complete a report summarizing emissions and progress toward goals to reduce emissions.
- Summarize findings to Campus Sustainability Committee and work with CSC Communications Intern to disseminate findings
- Update procedure manual as needed for future GHG inventories
This internship is an excellent professional development experience for a motivated student. The successful applicant will be an undergraduate or graduate student with:
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic spreadsheet/Excel knowledge—how to enter data, create graphs, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with others across campus
This internship will be approximately 10-12 hours per week during the spring semester and will be paid a stipend of $1,500.
To apply, please submit a PDF document that includes the following:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position including any relevant work/volunteer/class experiences, how the position would benefit you academically and professionally, and why you are interested in the position
- Current resume or CV
- Contact information for two academic and/or professional references who can speak to your work ethic and communication skills
- A transcript of UW courses (can be unofficial printed off WyoWeb)
Submit materials electronically to Forrest Selmer (FSelmer@uwyo.edu) and Michael Ziemann (Ziemann@uwyo.edu). APPLICATIONS ARE DUE by February 14 at 5pm.