Job Title: Zero Waste Strategic Programs Intern
Organization: Post Landfill Action Network (PLAN)
Type of opportunity: PLAN is looking for two students who are excited about the Circular Economy and campus zero waste infrastructure. The Zero Waste Strategy interns will work with both PLAN’s Director of Partnerships and Director of Engagement to develop our Program Case Study Library on zero waste programs at schools across the country and review and expand existing partnerships with campuses, organizations, and companies that are outlined within the Library. Through this internship, students will have the opportunity to connect with PLAN’s staff and other organizations with related missions, both for-profits and non-profits. Like all positions at PLAN, interns will gain a thorough understanding of the intersections of the global waste crisis with broader social and environmental justice movements, as well as the relationship between campus contracts and partnerships. This position is perfect for someone with excellent research and writing skills.
- Attend all meetings with supervisors and other interns.
- Vision and organize partner participation within the Program Case Library for the purpose of understanding their intersection with existing and potential partners. This participation can include:
- Designing and researching resources and campus program case studies.
- Consulting PLAN’s best-practice guides and other additional resources.
- Developing and pitching proposals based on applied research.
- Manage, direct, and maintain both general partnership communication and one-off projects. This can include:
- General check-ins with partners to assess opportunities to work together.
- Supporting and amplifying relevant partner-driven projects (as applicable) via the Program Case Library
- Connecting partners with the PLAN team and students for educational opportunities
- Effectively communicating PLAN’s projects and opportunities for involvement with a broad partner and campus network via cold calls and outreach emails
- Communicating cutting-edge technologies and developments with the PLAN team (as applicable)
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- G-Suite familiarity
- Experience with research and organizational tasks
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and work successfully with persons of diverse backgrounds, including different racial and ethnic, socio-economic, LGBQ, and trans identities
- Ability to effectively self-direct time and project management, both short-term and long-term.
- Strong understanding of (or interest in learning about) companies and organizations working within the intersecting spheres of social justice, the Circular Economy, and the Zero Waste Movement, and how they all fit together.
Start and end dates: June 8th—August 10th (10 weeks total)
Salary/pay: $6,000 total ($15/hr at 40 hrs/week)
How to apply: Apply here.