Job Title: Seasonal Staff-Outdoor Recreation Office
Organization: Wyoming Office of Outdoor Recreation
Type of opportunity: These temporary seasonal positions report to the Manager of the Wyoming Office of Outdoor Recreation and are responsible for a range of duties with the goal of developing and promoting new and existing outdoor recreation opportunities across the state.
Contact: 307-777-3631, Katie.Fujinami@wyo.gov
Duties: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Work cooperatively with staff in Wyoming State Parks & Cultural Resources to accomplish a shared mission and achieve a variety of goals across divisions, sections, and units.
- Assist with the development, coordination, staffing, and logistics of outdoor recreation events, programs, trade shows, and community collaborative efforts.
- Perform administrative duties for the Office of Outdoor Recreation.
- Research and inventory outdoor recreation opportunities and events.
- Create and maintain outdoor recreation databases and spreadsheets.
- Assist with marketing efforts and update social media accounts regularly.
- Develop web content for WyoRec.com, including text, photos, maps, and hyperlinks.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Answer phone calls and emails; provide responses to inquiries or direct appropriately.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Google Suite
- Ability to comprehend and apply State of Wyoming policies and procedures
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May require extensive travel.
- Must be comfortable working all day outdoors for some programs and events.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Please indicate which type of seasonal position you are interested in (Youth Coordinator or Office Assistant) when completing the supplemental questions.
- Wyoming State Parks and Cultural Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices.
Start and end dates: The six-month season typically starts in April and ends in October with the workweek being 40 hours, but flexible scheduling, shifts, and locations may be possible from time to time.
Salary/pay: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly
How to apply: More info and application can be found here.
Application deadline: Open until filled