Laramie, WY or virtual
Position: Environment, Natural Resources, & Society (ENRS) Team-Based Graduate Program Student Research Assistant AY 2020-21
Organization: Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources, University of Wyoming
The Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources seeks an undergraduate or graduate student research assistant to support research on team-based ENRS graduate programs and Wyoming stakeholder and community needs assessments.
- Engage in website and phone-based research to identify existing planning documents, strategic plans, community surveys of needs, and needs assessments from Wyoming ENRS community organizations, agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Support qualitative coding and analysis of needs assessments.
- Identify and review literature on team-based interdisciplinary and/or environmental studies graduate programs.
- Inventory existing team-based graduate programs through website review and/or interviews.
- Support the development of an ENRS team-based graduate program protocol or toolkit.
- Complete University of Wyoming CITI human subjects training prior to conducting interviews.
- Attend, take notes, and schedule meetings with research team.
- Engage in other project-relevant research activities as needed, such as data management, presentations, etc.
Hours, Compensation, and Schedule
- $10 – $15/hour depending on student status and level of experience
- Average of 10 hours/week
- Flexible schedule
- Potential to apply work to graduate thesis, independent study, or other student research topics
- Status as a current undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Wyoming
- Preference given to students enrolled in a Haub School program
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with literature reviews, secondary document analysis, and/or interviewing preferable
To apply, please submit as a single pdf document:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position, including any relevant work, volunteer, class, etc., experiences
- Current resume or CV
- Contact information for 2 references who can speak to relevant experience and qualifications
Submit materials electronically to Nicole Gautier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE by
Friday, August 21 at 5:00 PM. UPDATE: Applications now being accepted through Friday, August 28.