Position: Executive Director
Organization: National Bighorn Sheep Center
- Have you thought about working for a wildlife organization?
- Are you interested in new challenges?
- Do you like to run educational programs and outdoor activities, create new partnerships and networks?
- Do you enjoy meeting new people and speaking before an audience?
- Are you comfortable running a capital campaign, offering donors an opportunity to fund an organization with a great mission and programs – and keeping those donors inspired and connected?
- Can you multitask and also provide efficient personnel management?
If your answer is yes, we want to talk with you. The National Bighorn Sheep Center is looking for an Executive Director to take us forward into the new decade with continued strong leadership and vision: educating school classes and the public about bighorn sheep and other wildlife; actively working with research community.
We are looking for an inspiring individual who will bring:
- Leadership: contributing innovative ideas to Board of Directors, staff, and community
- Reliability and confidence
- Commitment to mission
- Management Skills:
- work collaboratively with Board of Directors
- fundraising experience
- engage in effective planning and time management
- goal oriented
- work with treasurer/finance committee and accountant to create yearly budgets
- effective management of staff and volunteers
- Communication Skills: effective, accurate verbal and written communications with ability to motivate others
- Networking Capacity: establishes and maintains rapport with members, donors, and partners – WY Game & Fish Department, and other regional, and national wildlife constituents
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration, including the use of balance sheets and profit and loss statements
- Office practices, procedures, and software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Special Requirements: To reside in Dubois, Wyoming. This position requires onsite presence.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or experience in managing a non-profit organization or business.
How to Apply: Submit a .pdf (electronic) cover letter and detailed resume which includes three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Executive Director Recruitment.” Applicants may also submit one sample of a successful fundraising program/idea/material they initiated.
After a review of the applications received, the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview with the Board of Directors. Opening Date: August 17, 2020,
Closing Date: September 18, 2020.