Job Title: Crew Leader
Organization: Wyoming Conservation Corps
Overview: Facilitate, Lead, and Engage in conservation projects across the state of Wyoming out in the field.
Duties: The Crew Leader & Veterans Crew Leader roles are an AmeriCorps positions. Leaders will co-lead a crew of 6 members on ten-day, labor-intensive conservation projects around the state of Wyoming, living and working outdoors. Leaders will report to and take direction from the Program Coordinators. Activities will include, but are not limited to, project coordination with land management agency sponsors, camping, cooking, recreation, environmental education, and group learning programs. Leaders will also participate in WCC member recruitment, equipment purchasing and maintenance, and program evaluation, autonomous decision making, and working alone. Crew Leaders are responsible for documentation of crew activities and for the physical and emotional well-being of the crew. Crew Leaders are required to fulfill an hourly commitment each week and one weekend per month during the spring semester. This will include the upper-division WCC Leadership for Natural Resource Management class in which leaders will be enrolled through the Environment and Natural Resources program. Crew Leaders will participate in some volunteer recruitment activities as well as a variety of other trainings. Schedule for completion of hours will be flexible.
- Some prior conservation work, or supervisory experience.
- Pass FBI background check, ability to lift 50 lbs with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Valid Driver’s License with a motor vehicle record that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy Found at: https://www.uwyo.edu/risk/_files/docs/offical-vehicle-policy.pdf
- Positions designated for Veteran’s Crew Leader will require a DD214.
- High School Diploma or GED
Application Deadline: May 5
How to apply: Please click here