South Central Wyoming
Position Title: Reclamation Field Technician
Organization: KC Harvey Environmental
KC Harvey is an environmental consulting and field services firm headquartered in Bozeman, Montana; seeking Reclamation Scientists, Range Ecologists, Environmental Scientists, Weed Scientists, or Biologists to conduct vegetation surveys and assist with reclamation activities. Positions are full time and seasonal, from April through November 2021. Additional positions are open for current students beginning in mid-May until mid-August. Employment beyond these dates is possible depending on project needs. The position is based in south central Wyoming. Employees who demonstrate the ability to work independently may have the opportunity to work on other projects in Montana, Utah, Colorado, North Dakota, or South Dakota.
- Conduct environmental compliance monitoring including vegetation monitoring and stormwater inspections
- Identify plants using a key
- Observe and record rangeland health conditions
- Identify soil erosional features
- Control weeds using truck, ATV/UTV, or backpack mounted herbicide spray equipment
- Collect location data using GPS
- Assist with site specific reclamation plans
- Summarize field data
- Install erosion control best management practices
- Re-vegetate disturbed areas by seeding
- Install and maintain snow fences and fencing/grazing enclosures
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree graduates and current students will be considered for positions. Candidates with experience or coursework related to range plant identification are preferred. Applicants must be able to maintain a positive attitude and be willing to learn. Candidates must work well as part of a team and be willing to work outdoors doing fieldwork. Map use and interpretation skills are required. Candidates must be willing to maintain high standards of safety, have a clean driving record, and participate in pre-employment drug screening. Due to vehicle insurance requirements, candidates must be 21 years of age or older as of start date.
Travel to southern Wyoming is required. Pay DOE from $14-17/hr. plus overtime. Lodging and a meal allowance are provided.
How to Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial or official), and a list of three references to the address below. Positions open until filled.
Travis Kimsey, firstname.lastname@example.org