Various Locations in Wyoming
Job Title: Community Organizing
Organization: Powder River Basin Resource Council
- Develop and implement organizing and grassroots campaign plans for issue-based campaigns focused on reducing the impacts of energy development in Wyoming, expanding renewable energy and keeping utility rates affordable;
- Recruit new members and engage in organizational outreach activities;
- Provide direction and support to members who are addressing issues of concern to the organization;
- Collaborate with members on research, campaigns, and communications;
- Represent Powder River to external public and private entities, including government departments, the state legislature, the media and regulated businesses;
- Coach members to develop leadership, public presentation, and organizational skills;
- Participate in organizational fundraising, communications, and event responsibilities as assigned;
- Perform other activities as required or assigned.
- Commitment to Powder River’s mission, issues and values;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints;
- Strong speaking and writing skills;
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours, and to travel;
- College degree (or equivalent work experience);
- Strong background in natural resource management, clean energy, agriculture and/or Wyoming issues preferred;
- Experience in issue-based campaign work, communications and/or fundraising also a plus.
Salary/pay: Salary is dependent on experience. We provide a generous benefits package, including health, vision, dental insurance, paid vacation and parental leave, paid long-term sabbatical leave, and a retirement bonus plan for long-term employees.
Start Date: Soon Upon Hiring
How to Apply: This position is open until filled, but we encourage applications as soon as possible. The position can be located in Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, Gillette or Sheridan.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and two brief writing samples to email@example.com (include Organizer Position Application in the subject field) or mail to: Jill Morrison, Executive Director, Powder River Basin Resource Council, 934 North Main St., Sheridan, WY 82801.