Job Title: Engagement Coordinator
Organization: Stock Growers Land Trust
Type of Opportunity: The Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for increasing WSGLT’s profile and audience, cultivating interest in and support for WSGLT’s mission, and increasing philanthropic support. The Engagement Coordinator will lead the organization in building a culture of philanthropy and in developing associated organizational capacity, leading our fundraising and communications activities. This position will develop and implement an annual fundraising plan, including setting and achieving annual charitable fundraising goals to strengthen WSGLT’s long-term sustainability and our ability to serve landowners. This position will also develop and implement an annual communications plan, managing WSGLT’s media platforms to increase awareness and understanding of our mission.
Duties: The Engagement Coordinator will serve as a key member of WSGLT’s team, will report to and work closely with the Executive Director and will staff the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing/communications plan that supports WSGLT’s mission while supporting conservation and fundraising efforts.
- Ensure that communications, including fundraising materials and acknowledgements, are accurate and compelling.
- Produce and manage social media content.
- Produce and manage email marketing and communications with supporters.
- Media management (press releases, outreach, earned media).
- Print material development (annual report, newsletter, other print material as appropriate).
- Steward existing relationships with donors, board members and other supporters.
- Assist with the development of all aspects of major donor gift solicitations, including research, cultivation and stewardship of prospective donors and supporters.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive, multi-year plan to increase donor engagement, grow annual donor support and strengthen WSGLT’s fund development infrastructure.
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan to encompass annual giving, fundraising events and major gift requests.
- Develop a planned giving program that provides donors with a variety of options including bequests, gifts of securities, real estate and tangible personal property.
- Schedule donor meetings in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Track donor, prospect, foundation and supporter contacts, donations, and correspondence to ensure appropriate reporting and recognition occurs.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly fundraising reports.
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual event plan; coordinate communications and fundraising efforts with WSGLT events.
- Assist in planning and implementing WSGLT’s signature event, the Annual Roundup BBQ.
- Support WSGLT staff with production of virtual events and small, in-person events.
- Two years of experience in fundraising and/or communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and outgoing; thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Familiarity with Wyoming’s agricultural and conservation heritage and the ability to relate to the agricultural community.
- Experience in managing donor databases or CRM platforms.
- Experience in creating and publishing compelling and concise content; familiarity with current communications trends in fundraising for nonprofits.
- Working command of MS Office applications (Adobe Creative Cloud Suite a bonus).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout Wyoming (valid DL required, company car provided) as well as occasional travel outside the state.
- Four-year college degree or commensurate experience.
- Willingness to pursue professional development.
Application Deadline: February 26
Salary/pay: Salary commensurate with experience. Health, dental, and vision insurance provided. 401(k) retirement plan.
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Kaylee Madigan at email@example.com