Job Title: Environmental Journalism and Digital Media Internship
Organization: Northern Rockies Conservation Cooperative
Organization Overview: The Northern Rockies Conservation Cooperative (NRCC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Jackson, WY dedicated to advancing conservation for the common good by generating reliable knowledge, fostering effective leadership, and enabling innovation. NRCC’s approach acknowledges that many ‘environmental problems’ are in fact ‘people problems.’ In order to address the mounting threats to biodiversity and natural systems, we need better decision- making tools to meet these ecological, social, and policy challenges. NRCC is an incubator for projects to address these complex problems. NRCC works wherever innovative conservation is needed, but with a special focus on the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem (GYE). We believe that the GYE represents one of our best chances to create a sustainable, long-term relationship with nature, other species, and one another.
Position Overview: NRCC is seeking a summer communications intern to capture our unique approach through video and photography. The intern will work closely with the ED to create high quality stories to communicate the work of NRCC’s researchers and experts. The intern will be expected to travel to the field to capture this content. The goal will be to create several short video pieces and photography content for NRCC to use on their various outreach and communication platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a background and/or interest in digital communications, including photography, videography, video editing, and social media content production. An interest in environmental storytelling, particularly stories that seek to integrate humans and the environment, is preferred. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Collect stories using video, and photography from the various locations around the
Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem (safe Covid-19 protocol will be followed)
- Edit video content into short engaging pieces for various platforms (website, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Edit photos for digital and print platforms
- Draft and schedule social media posts
- Coordinate with NRCC staff to develop a professional and consistent communication
- Strong photo and video skills
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro or similar digital editing software
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work in outdoor settings
- Interest in working in an environmental non-profit organization
Start/end dates: June 1-July 23
Application Deadline: Until filled
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, three references, and up to three media (video or photo preferred) samples. Send materials to Executive Director, Ben Williamson, at firstname.lastname@example.org