Position Title: Part Time Academic Advising Professional
Organization: Haub School of ENR, University of Wyoming
Position Overview:The Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources seeks a Part Time Academic Advising Professional to assist with coordination and administration of student services and academic advising functions for Haub School students.
- Provide academic, personal, and/or career advising to students to help identify academic interests and choose appropriate program and coursework; conduct follow-up sessions, provide academic success and professional preparation resources, and maintain program files and records.
- Interpret and explain University policies and procedures related to academic and/or career processes.
- Assist students with admissions and registration; provide guidance in course selection in keeping with the student’s interests, values and abilities.
- Assist the Advising & Student Services team with administrative activities necessary for highly functional performance.
- Assist in organization and implementation of recruitment/retention strategies, including attendance at college fairs, campus visits, workshops, orientations; help prepare recruitment publications and correspond with prospective students.
- Keep up to date on University and College policies and regulations pertaining to degree requirements.
- Assist with special projects, as directed.
- Serve on committees, as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with program activities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Required licensure, certification, registration, or other requirement:
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivation, proven ability to meet deadlines
- Computer/software skills
- Experience with digital communication platforms
- Values a team environment
How to apply & application deadline: Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. To view the full job description as well as how to apply, click here