Midwest Region – MO, NE, KS, IL, IA, MN, WI, SD, ND
Position Title: Director of Conservation Delivery
Organization: Quail Forever and Pheasants Forever
Working Conditions: This position involves 60-80 days of travel per year
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s Midwest Region is comprised of 150 employees across the states of Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota . These biologists provide biological/wildlife technical assistance to landowners for USDA (NRCS and FSA) and state wildlife agencies, as well as providing on-the-ground support through the installation of conservation practices and habitat management techniques through the Habitat Specialist program. We are seeking a qualified individual to manage this talented group of professionals and serve and lead this talented group of individuals.
This person will be responsible for the oversight of Conservation Operations in the assigned states. Emphasis will be placed on team building, creating a supervisory/support infrastructure, and growing existing programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of producing outstanding results and building teams.
- 5 years of experience in the supervision of multiple employees.
- B.S. in business, communications, natural resources, or related field.
- Budget planning and program development experience.
- State and/or Federal agency partner experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the region to successful achievement of the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Ensure adequate supervision/coaching exists for all new and existing personnel. These responsibilities shall include goal setting, performance reviews, and compensation adjustment, hiring, promoting and termination decisions.
- Create work plans for state leaders that align with organization and department strategic goals. Maintain excellent relationships with all state and Federal agency partners in the region.
- Develop/implement training and orientation programs for new employees.
- Work closely with Data Manager to compile monthly activity reports and other performance records as required by funding sources.
- Initiating dialog and creative thinking from current Farm Bill Biologists to increase their effectiveness in delivering conservation programs to agriculture producers, Pheasants Forever chapter committees, and state or federal agency personnel.
- Cooperatively plan and implement staff meetings, state meetings and habitat workshops with the appropriate national staff.
- Work closely with the Development Team to ensure that major gift, planned giving, and grant development initiatives are achieved.
How to Apply:
Application deadline is July 16, 2021 (11:59 PM Eastern Time)
Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references into a SINGLE Word document or Adobe Acrobat PDF file before uploading to the “Resume” section of your application on our Recruitment website.
Internal applicants: please log in to ADP and click on MYSELF > Talent > Career Center.
External applicants: please apply online at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs