Position Title: Program Associate
Organization: Carnegie Climate Governance Initiative (C2G)
C2G operates as a virtual team working in various locations worldwide. As an independent contractor the candidate can be based in any location where s/he/they has work authorization. Ability to provide support across office hours in EST/CET time zones would be necessary. High-speed Internet connection (partial support to increase connectivity can be provided). No work-visa can be sponsored by Carnegie Council in any location.
The Carnegie Climate Governance Initiative (C2G) is an initiative hosted by the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs (CCEIA) to catalyze the creation of effective and inclusive governance for emerging climate technologies, in particular, for solar radiation modification and large-scale carbon dioxide removal. C2G is impartial regarding the research, testing, or potential use of any proposed technologies or interventions (these are choices for society to make). C2G is focused on expanding the conversation from the scientific and research community to the global policymaking arena and encourages well-informed, society-wide discussions about their risks or potential benefits, as well as their ethical and governance challenges. Founded in 1914 by Andrew Carnegie, CCEIA is an institution with global reach which for over 100 years, has promoted voices for ethics in international relations, education, and policy.
Reporting to the Director of Knowledge Management, the Program Associate will provide organizational, programmatic, and research support to the C2G Initiative. The successful candidate will be thoughtful, diplomatic, efficient, reliable, trustworthy, collaborative, and congenial, with well-developed communication, organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy. This position includes independent work, assisting with preparing documents and other materials for meetings, episodic or long-term research projects, maintaining knowledge management databases, and administrative work in support of daily operations.
- Provide advanced coordination for meetings that includes but is not limited to drafting and sending invitations, preparing agenda and meeting materials, transcribing minutes, and managing action items.
- Support the process management for knowledge development, outreach, and communications.
- Collect, process, organize, and extract from indicated sources and update various data sets and internal information sources (process, substance, and record keeping related) that allow the team (officers and senior staff) timely analysis and preparation for outreach and reporting.
- Undertake or support ad hoc research projects or analysis.
- Provide scheduling support for internal and external meetings.
- Prepare briefing materials for the C2G team, as assigned.
- Undertake general administrative support, including electronic filing, maintaining records, quality checks, preparing correspondence, responding to requests for information, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management and/or administration or related disciplines or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years of experience of supporting project or program delivery.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including writing, proofreading, and editing skills. Other language skills an advantage.
- Detail-oriented candidate with outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and on a team, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Political sensitivity and discretion.
- A high degree of competency in the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, SharePoint/OneDrive and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
This is an independent contractor full-time position and is open and available as soon as possible. The contract will be until December 2021 but will be extendable subject to funding and satisfactory performance. The annual gross remuneration rate will be commensurate with the level of relevant experience. Work will be performed from the Associate’s home office.
The Program Associate will become part of the C2G virtual global team during this period. From an administrative perspective, the work will be undertaken as an independent contractor of Carnegie Council. Therefore, the position does not offer any additional benefits.
Applications from suitable candidates should be sent (indicating “Program Associate” in the subject line) to email@example.com.