Salt Lake City, UT
Position Title: Program Manager
Organization: Environmental Dispute Resolution Program
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Position Overview: The Wallace Stegner Center’s Environmental Dispute Resolution (EDR) Program is hiring a full-time or part-time Program Manager to oversee program administration and lead our outreach and communication efforts. The EDR Program exists to cultivate a culture of collaboration, particularly around environment and natural resource issues in the Intermountain West. We do so through teaching and training, coaching, collaboration assistance and advising, public education, and thought leadership. The program is based in the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah.
- Assist with EDR Program planning and project administration, including:
- Organizing and facilitating EDR Program team meetings and program planning activities;
- Developing and managing timelines and action plans to advance program initiatives; and
- Assisting with projects, event planning, and logistics.
- Oversee EDR Program outreach and communications efforts, including:
- Producing content for the website and ensuring website content is up-to-date and relevant;
- Producing handouts, newsletters, emails, and other outreach and marketing materials to advance the initiatives;
- Managing EDR Program contacts and improving our contact and network management systems;
- Helping identify guest bloggers for our EDR Blog and periodically writing blogs;
- Designing and editing program materials; and
- Continuing to improve the outreach and communications systems and approaches.
The position will also provide opportunities to work with the EDR Program Director and Associate Director to:
- Identify and pursue grants, sponsorships, and other funding for program activities and initiatives;
- Develop and deliver trainings; and
- Create educational tools and resources.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in program management, outreach, marketing, and/or communications.
- Familiarity with environmental law, policy, and/or management.
- An interest in public sector collaboration and conflict resolution (prior experience or training not required).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with and/or ability to quickly learn how to skillfully use Zoom, Canvas, Mural and/or virtual engagement platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and online scheduling and contact management systems; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and experience with video editing strongly preferred
- Organized and Detailed: pays close attention to detail and can manage projects and information in an organized way to ensure nothing slips through the cracks.
- Creative and Flexible: can clearly and graphically communicate complex information in a creative way and is easily able to adapt to changing conditions and needs.
- Comfortable Working in a Structured as well as an Unpredictable Environment: is comfortable and effective working independently and as part of a team, takes initiative, contributes to team dynamics by offering new ideas and creative solutions, and is comfortable working virtually as well as in person.
- Tech Savvy: is comfortable learning new technological systems, such as online meeting platforms and contact management systems, and can help the EDR Program team improve the use of these systems to advance the work.
- Self-Starter: has an entrepreneurial mindset and is interested in personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Committed to the Mission: shares passion for and can meaningfully contribute to the mission of fostering a culture of collaboration
- Fun to Work With: helps continue to create a fun, lively, and positive work environment.
- Prior experience working in a university or other higher-education institution is preferred but not required.
- Experience with grant writing and fundraising are also preferred but not required.
Salary/pay: Negotiable and commensurate with experience, including full University benefits. Anticipated starting salary: $48,000-$65,000.
Application Deadline: Application review has begun, potential start date would be October 15 but open until filled
How to Apply: To view the full job description and to apply, please click here.