Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
Location: Lincoln, NE and surrounding areas
Position Overview: This position will provide a unique opportunity to join an effective team working with innovative approaches and partnerships to benefit the wildlife resources in Nebraska. This position is full-time, with benefits in a home office environment. With demonstrated skills and results, the position will have the opportunity to take on a wide array of responsibilities and duties.
- Develop and administer databases to track public hunting access programs including Open Fields and Waters and the Berggren Pheasant Plan.
- Administer public hunting access program payments and work with partners to ensure efficient delivery of the state program.
- Develop and administer databases to track Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever chapter activities and fundraising results.
- Work with state program staff and landowners to order grass and wildflower seed mixtures developed to meet state and federal standards.
- Assist Habitat Partnerships Specialist and State Coordinator with administrative duties including tracking Pheasants Forever Field Staff activities and compiling work reports
- Assist in website updates and staff contact lists.
- Assist in development of educational and promotional materials, officer contact lists, and logistical planning for Regional Representatives and PF & QF Chapters.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners and state agencies.
- Assist in the logistical planning of conferences, staff meetings, and other events
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate reports and summaries.
- Familiarity with Microsoft software packages including Word, Excel and Access. Ability to create and manage databases.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team approach to accomplish desired goals and outcomes.
- Ability to work out of a home office. All office equipment required for the position is supplied.
- Typing skills of 45 wpm or more.
- Maintaining and updating website and assisting with social media content on a weekly basis.
- Assist staff in planning state meetings, habitat workshops, legislative gatherings and other meetings of importance to chapters and resource professionals.
- Updating computer software packages.
- Maintain accurate financial reports for partnership programs and prepare financial deposits
- Applicant should be detail oriented, innovative and a resourceful self-starter that is able to work with minimal supervision. Must be team oriented, with good oral and written communication skills.
Salary/pay: Commensurate with experience + Benefits
Application Deadline: September 23
Anticipated Start Date: October 18
How to Apply: To see the full job description and to apply, please click here.