Position Title: Director of Guest Experiences
Organization: Wagonhound Hospitality
Location: Douglas, WY
Organization Overview: Wagonhound Land and Livestock is a family-owned and operated ranch located outside of Douglas, Wyoming raising red angus cattle and highly acclaimed American Quarter Horses. In every business venture they undertake, Wagonhound and its team members are dedicated to the thoughtful stewardship of land and wildlife. The mission is to foster a love and respect for nature and the American Wilderness. Through Wagonhound Hospitality, they offer a bespoke and exclusive opportunity for individuals to reconnect with the natural world and rediscover the innate reverence for the lands on which everyone lives. At the nascent stage of this journey, currently looking for an entrepreneurial, self- motivated, passionate Director of Guest Experiences to join the team and help imagine and create all that Wagonhound Hospitality can be.
Position Overview: The ideal candidate will display an ability to exercise sound judgement in a variety of circumstances. This individual will be the onsite point person during all guest visits and provide customers with warm hospitality and handholding throughout their stay. You will be responsible for coordinating logistics of each group’s activities, maintaining facility appearance and contributing to an overall pleasant customer experience before, during, and after each group’s visit to enhance reputation and ensure desired growth.
The model of Wagonhound Hospitality is to host individual groups at the lodge and create an exclusive and bespoke experience for each guest visit primarily from late spring to early fall. As a full time position this individual will be asked to assist with additional business needs related to Wagonhouond Hospitality during off months. This may include, but is not limited to, guest retention, guest acquisition, general marketing efforts, booking efforts, curated retail and merchandising appropriate for the hospitality business, assistance with Wagonhound Outfitting.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guests at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know, live and love the mission of Wagonhound Hospitality
- Act as the point person for new bookings and assist with that marketing effort
- Welcome customers upon entrance and remain onsite during their stay
- Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information
- Understand and anticipate customer’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions and suggested activities
- Acquire extensive knowledge of the premises and the nearby venues to make the most suitable recommendations
- Arrange events, excursions, transportation, adventures for guests during their planning process and adjust agenda as needed when onsite
- Coordinate guest needs with chef and outfitting guides prior to arrival and adjust as needed when onsite
- Be on premises and ensure tidiness and preparedness of guest rooms, communal areas and food and beverage availability
- Respond to complaints and find the appropriate solution
- Town runs when specific items are needed
- Assist with vehicles, parking, trailering, driving recreational vehicles
- Move supplies and furnishings as needed
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Hard working
- Accepts a flexible role and willing to chip in wherever needed
- Experience in customer service or relevant role is an advantage
- Experience and a passion for outdoor adventuring
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience and maturity
- Ability to multitask and time-manage
- Aptitude in resolving issues and anticipate needs with a luxury customer focused orientation
- Degree in hotel management, tourism, or relevant field will be a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proficient in use of social media platforms for marketing purposes
Creating an experience commensurate with Wagonhound and Wyoming’s extreme natural beauty takes dedication, unflagging commitment and the most rigorous attention to detail. This is not something that can be achieved simply or with shortcuts; it requires that every team member at Wagonhound Hospitality is boundlessly imaginative, obsessive about the small things, and passionately in love with the work that they do. The Director of Guest Experiences will embody these attributes and help lead the team to success.