Position Title: Executive Director
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Organization Overview: MN350 is a dynamic, community- and volunteer-led grassroots organization building a people’s movement to demand that Minnesota take action and leadership in addressing the climate crisis in an equitable and sustainable way. Our mission is to unite Minnesotans as part of a global movement to end the pollution damaging our climate and particularly harming BIPOC and low-income communities, speed the transition to clean energy, and create a racially just and healthy future for all. MN350 is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Position Overview: MN350 seeks a dedicated, passionate, inspirational, and experienced Executive Director to lead the work to end the extractive, oppressive fossil fuel economy and to secure clean air, clean water, a healthy climate, and an equitable future in which everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive, regardless of race, gender identity, sexuality, income, or location. The Executive Director will partner with other organizational stakeholders to center justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in all of MN350’s organizing work and must have experience building relationships with BIPOC communities and organizations. The Executive Director also will bring significant experience in collaborative strategy development, institutional and individual fundraising, and funder-relationship management to support MN350 and MN350 Action’s staff, mission, campaigns, and programs.
MN350 is committed to unlearning and dismantling patterns of white supremacy and patriarchy and will support the Executive Director with a network of accountable, caring relationships with staff, board members and volunteers, including our internal BIPOC Caucus of staff and board members.
Duties: The Executive Director leads MN350’s bold vision to expand and deepen a multiracial movement across Minnesota that’s working to stop the climate crisis and achieve racial and economic justice. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and maintenance of a strategic plan and theory of change that are the foundation of our campaigns and organizing
- Lead our fundraising and grant-writing efforts to ensure we achieve annual income targets. Cultivate productive relationships and grow our network of grant and institutional funders
- Serve as the primary public voice for MN350 in Minnesota and national media and as MN350’s primary representative with key leaders in the state.
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership to staff, key volunteers, campaigns and teams
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience in community organizing, electoral politics, issue advocacy or a closely related field.
- Fundraising experience, including grant writing. The demonstrated ability to request and receive money, from institutional funders and individual donors, is a requirement
- 5 to 7 years of experience leading teams or organizations, with the ability to collaborate across departments, ages, cultures, races, genders and economic variation.
- Experience collaborating with others to lead an organization through change, as well as developing and implementing strategies that lead to organizational victories.
- Basic understanding of 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3) regulations and campaign finance laws is a plus.
Salary/pay: Full time, professional position. Annual salary $90,000 to $100,000 based on experience and qualifications.
Application Deadline: October 21
How to Apply: Please click here to view the full job description. To apply to join this diverse, growing organization that is making a difference in Minnesota, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct questions to the same address.